- Creative position within our Global sporting organisation.
- Developing ranges for our Global brand.
- Fast paced and varied position.
About the role
Opportunity to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment in which you must be aware of emerging trends. The role of the Senior Designer is to work alongside the current team with all aspects of the design process, including but not limited to artwork, technical specs, range development, graphic art and product research.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to hit the ground running, have a positive attitude, proven ability to build and nurture meaningful relationships with relevant stakeholders and know what’s going on with competing brands and market trends.
Out-of-the-box ideas, strong verbal and written communication skills, a positive attitude, confidence in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite and a track record of delivering results above and beyond what’s expected are all essential.
The successful applicant should enjoy working in a support role with creativity and detail and love working in the fast pace apparel environment. A creative individual with a strong background in and knowledge of all apparel categories with a strong eye for brand-right silhouettes, fabrics and colour.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Range development of new designs for both Professional Teams, Teamwear and Retail ranges
- Communicating and presenting technical and creative ideas
- Create art and range boards for Top Tier Clients and Professional Teams
- Participate in meetings with clients and design and production teams
- Gain art and range approvals with customers together with the Pro Team Account Manager
- Execute detailed design drawings and technical specifications for the communication of product development with suppliers
- Assist in the sourcing of fabrics and trims
- Ensuring design deadlines are met
- Update and maintain Range Master Excel Spreadsheets and SmartSheet systems
- Work together with the Garment Technician on the approval of sampling and bulk pre-production sampling for all required styles
- Liaise with Marketing and Online Sales team regarding new product launches
- Other duties as required
- Ensure all spec and design work is filed correctly on a daily basis
- Ensure SmartSheet systems and Excel Spreadsheets are maintained and updated when required
- Ensure all confidential documents are stored and disposed of correctly
- Degree or Diploma in Fashion and Textile or Graphic Design or relevant experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the apparel and manufacturing industry
- Experience in dealing with offshore suppliers
- High level of creativity
- Detail oriented – high level of attention to detail required
- In touch with current and future trends for the sports and retail apparel markets – colours, fabrics, trims
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and Adobe Suite primarily but not limited to Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photo Shop and In Design
- Organise, plan and prioritise work
- High level of competency in executing detail design drawings and technical specifications for the communication of product development to suppliers both locally and offshore
- Knowledge of garment fits and fabrication – pattern making knowledge a plus
- High level of communication – inter departmental and external
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships
- Show leadership but work together with the Design/Production team
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment
This is a full-time role located at our Head Office on the Gold Coast. An exciting opportunity to join an experienced, dynamic, hands on team.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please include your current resume, cover letter and a selection of your best portfolio work. Only applicants successful for interview will be contacted.